Monday, December 12, 2011

Daddy thoughts (After court)


Well, court is over and we are now in the waiting process. I am deeply relieved that the biggest step is over with. I cant begin to explain to you how it felt to hear the judge read aloud our daughters new name, “Grace Alina Taylor.” We had worked so hard and made sure that all the paperwork was in order so that the judge would have no reason other than the possibility of our wrong answers, to deny us. We stood in confidence and spoke with boldness so that she would truly understand our passion and our desire to call her our own. As we waited we joked and laughed with the district attorney. We showed him our picture album that the Newman Family had made for us to bring. It was a book with pictures and titles for us to show our friends and Grace once we arrived. He commented on what beautiful friends and family we have. We also had to give an explanation as to why we had a servant in our family named Erin. For a split second I thought we might have an issue! Nevertheless, we all laughed and smiled knowing that very soon each one of our friends and family, not only in that album, but so many more would meet the little girl we have fallen in love with. This waiting process is miserable and I wouldn’t wish it on anyone. In fact it has caused me to say a prayer for all of those that have to go through this. It’s difficult to know that your child is sitting in an old house that looks as if it only has a few more months to stand. The gas furnaces leaves a stench in your nostrils that causes you to feel nauseas and queasy. At best, she is probably picked up and held once a day if at all. Being that we are only 20 minutes down the road and are here, we can only see her once a day. We are also not guaranteed that we will see her everyday. This is somewhat confusing and pointless as well as many other things we have found out along the way. All I can say is this has been the most expensive and mentally draining thing I believe I have ever done. Surely there is an easier way for adopting parents. What is required should be illegal.

On to better things I suppose. We are at the point where we are running out of things to do other than watch movies. Did I mention that we watch movies? Oh, and we watch movies. However, it is nice to be able to sit by the window, do a little work, drink some hot tea, and watch as the snow falls. This has been a break from the business of ministry but I must say, I am beginning to miss it! Supposedly in the next few days we will go see a Russian Opera. There are 2 things about this that cause me to have mixed emotions. 1. I hate Opera 2. I don’t understand Russian! I guess it’s all for the sake of an experience! Personally, Russian Spongbob seems to be a little more entertaining. Yes, that means I have watched it here! How ridiculous! 

1 comment:

  1. jonathan, i can tell you are really gonna miss Russia once yall leave.....:) But, honestly, i feel the same way you do...it all seems so ridiculous! thank God Grace will be away from all of this very soon. i won't get in trouble for saying that, will I?

    ReplyDelete