Friday, December 9, 2011

Daddy's thoughts (trip two)


Trip Two
It’s December 7, 2011 and we are on a train ride from Moscow to Voronezh for our final visit to hopefully bring our little girl home. Jessica continues to ask me if im excited. I truly am but I’m also emotionally and mentally drained. I know that there is a huge day ahead when we will walk into a courtroom and do our very best to prove to a stranger that we are worthy parents. I believe they could ask any of our close friends and family that know us well and they would agree that we were. But, the reality is we have to prove ourselves before someone who will judge us based off of all that we say.  It’s a moment in time where the right words must be said or the outcome may be very different. Aghhhh it’s something that I look forward to getting over with. How great is God though to give us the strength and the words to say in times of need. I believe that when the court date has passed, I will be able to express more joy and excitement about allthat God is blessing us with. Even as I type this, joy overcomes worry at the thought of her meeting her grandparents for the first time and the Cook clan, Brad & Amanda, David & Mallory, all the new cousins, and all of our youth that we consider family and friends and the church family at GABC! We should receive her into our care on December 23, 2011 and will spend her very first Christmas with her in her home country on the 25th.  I look forward to bringing her home for her to meet her new family and all those that we love.  My prayer is that this time will go by swiftly and we will return home soon with no worries or struggles. We serve a great God who loves us despite who we are. I’m thankful for the blessings he has given us in this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment