Friday, December 9, 2011

Daddy's thoughts (trip one)


Trip One
Let me start by saying, this has been a wild and crazy adventure so far. It has been filled with joy and frustration but never the later overcoming the joy we have in gaining a beautiful baby girl! Trip one is coming to a close and its difficult to sit and reflect on all that has taken place knowing that we will spend the next few months thinking about and wondering what our baby girl is doing.  Thoughts go through my mind… will she remember us? Will she get to look at the pictures? Did she feel the same connection that we did? Will she sit and wait over the next few months for our return? Does she think we were just another man and woman coming to play or visit? We were told of how exciting this trip would be, but we were also warned of how difficult it is to leave her. I guess you can say this is that time of difficulty.

As the next few months and weeks pass, I will reflect on the things that bring joy to my heart. I’m assuming it’s the joy of a father, not really sure since I have never actually been one. I’ll focus on the big smile she had when she first saw us. Remembering the dimples in those cheeks and the laughter that came with them. My prayer is that this time goes by quickly and we will return soon. Until then, peace out blog… its time for some rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment